cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stefanyobando
Level: Powered On

How can I save the application without sending it completely.

I need that my application save the data but is not sent to the workflow. They are only sent when the person clicks on the '' send '' button. I have my application connected to a data source, but I see examples and those that come to me on the internet are of no use to me. I need when creating a collection, the data they are saved but not sent until the person is sure that they want to send the form. Also, how do I the people can edit the form? This button (SAVE) are not working for me, they don't save the form.

btn.PNGsave.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: How can I save the application without sending it completely.

Hi,

It looks like you may be collecting the 'Actual Data Card' rather than the control values like DataCardValue1.Text - so if you click into your data card and select the textbox or etc that you want it to collect the value from, you should be able to see its name on the left and in the breadcrumb menu in the bottom left.

Cheers,

Sancho

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
EricLott
Level 10

You can save the input data to a collection without sending it to the source. Just use Collect(yourCollectionName,{Item1:Value1...}).
This will create a local collection of data in the app without sending it anywhere.
As for the save icon, can we see your code to see why it may not be working?
stefanyobando
Level: Powered On

In the examples I do not see that the option: .text or .value is displayed.

dats.PNG

Save Button: 

collect.PNGcolelc.PNG

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi,

It looks like you may be collecting the 'Actual Data Card' rather than the control values like DataCardValue1.Text - so if you click into your data card and select the textbox or etc that you want it to collect the value from, you should be able to see its name on the left and in the breadcrumb menu in the bottom left.

Cheers,

Sancho

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,567)