cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver I
Resolver I

How can I set up a hyperlink to open the record in power apps directly from an email submitted from Flow

Hi All 

Once an incident record has been submitted within power apps  user receives the confirmation that an incident has been submitted  by clicking a tick in power apps.

Once submitted user receives an email from Flow then the idea is to be able to click on the hyperlink (here) and it must open the record in power apps .At the moment it does open the power app but not the actual record directly like  in this instance incident number 3.

The below is the link Iam using for the hyperlink for now :https://apps.powerapps.com/play/68947664--e18482ff?tenantId=(example)

How can I achieve this ?

Incident Submitted.PNGInkedMy Flow_LI.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How can I set up a hyperlink to open the record in power apps directly from an email submitted from Flow

Hi @rmaziwis ,

Could you please share a whole screenshot about your flow's configuration?

Which Trigger do you use within your flow?

Further, could you please share more details about the Hyperlink link 'here' within the Body property of your "Send an email (V2)" action?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I afraid that the Hyperlink link within the Body property of your "Send an email (V2)" action could achieve your needs.

If you want to open a specific record within your app when you click the embedded link in your email body, please check and see if the following solutions I provided would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/Editing-a-record-from-a-flow-powera...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/Embedded-link-to-a-Sharepoint-List-...

On your side, you should configure the embedded URL Link within your email body as below:

3.JPG

Then within your app, set the OnStart property of the App to following:

Set(IncidentNoValue, Param("IncidentNo"));
If(
   !IsBlank(IncidentNoValue),
   Navigate(EditScreen)
)

Within the Edit screen, set the Item property of the Edit form to followint:

If(
   LookUp('YourDataSource', IncidentNo = IncidentNoValue),
   BrowseGallery.Selected
)

Note: I assume that you generated an app based on your data source (the generated app includes three screens), and you use a Gallery to list all available records from your data source.

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: How can I a set up a hyperlink to open the record in power apps directly from an submitted from Flow

Hi @rmaziwis 

The URL you are using is of the App and not the item in the datasource. Can you please share more details about the datasource that you are using?

Can you please confirm the behavior of the here text in the email. Will it be a dynamic content?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: How can I a set up a hyperlink to open the record in power apps directly from an submitted from Flow

Hi 

The data source is a SQL data source that is where the record is saved.

The text in the email is a dynamic content Dynamic content.PNG

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @rmaziwis 

In that case, you can create an application, which I am thing you already did and the URL to which is: https://apps.powerapps.com/play/68947664--e18482ff 

You can refer to the blog to see how a variable can be passed through url and accessed inside the app. https://community.dynamics.com/365/b/sachinbansalmicrosoft/posts/powerapps-canvas-app-how-to-pass-pa... 

Now, as part of the configuration, you need to create a Display Form on the main screen add the appropriate datasource and its corresponding fields.

On the Item Property, use the expression:

LookUp(DataSourceName, ID = Param(“IDPassed”))

This will it will open the app with the item pointing to the record.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How can I set up a hyperlink to open the record in power apps directly from an email submitted from Flow

Hi @rmaziwis ,

Could you please share a whole screenshot about your flow's configuration?

Which Trigger do you use within your flow?

Further, could you please share more details about the Hyperlink link 'here' within the Body property of your "Send an email (V2)" action?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I afraid that the Hyperlink link within the Body property of your "Send an email (V2)" action could achieve your needs.

If you want to open a specific record within your app when you click the embedded link in your email body, please check and see if the following solutions I provided would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/Editing-a-record-from-a-flow-powera...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/Embedded-link-to-a-Sharepoint-List-...

On your side, you should configure the embedded URL Link within your email body as below:

3.JPG

Then within your app, set the OnStart property of the App to following:

Set(IncidentNoValue, Param("IncidentNo"));
If(
   Navigate(EditScreen)
)

Within the Edit screen, set the Item property of the Edit form to followint:

If(
   LookUp('YourDataSource', IncidentNo = IncidentNoValue),
   BrowseGallery.Selected
)

Note: I assume that you generated an app based on your data source (the generated app includes three screens), and you use a Gallery to list all available records from your data source.

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,643)