cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwrappr01
Helper V
Helper V

How can I use ForAll and RemoveIf to remove items in one collection that are missing in another?

I have two collections I want to compare so I can ensure they match exactly. Here are samples of the two collections:

Collection1

IDItem
3C

Collection2

IDItem
1A
2B
3C

How can I write my ForAll( RemoveIf ) so it removes IDs 1 and 2 from Collection2 because they are missing from Collection1?

5 REPLIES 5
Rebetcha
MVP

Hi @pwrappr01 ,

I dont't think you need the ForAll in this case. The RemoveIf already allows you to loop through a table.

Why not do?: 

RemoveIf(Collection2, Not(ID in Collection1.ID))

pontusofsweden
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @pwrappr01 !

You dont need to use ForAll since RemoveIf loops through all lines anyway. Try this formula:

RemoveIf(
    Collection2,
    CountRows(
        Filter(
            Collection1,
            Id = Collection2[@Id] && Item = Collection2[@Item]
        )
    ) < 1
)

BR

Pontus

Thanks PontusofSweden

I had the same problem and I tried your suggestion... worked like a charm on the first 2000 rows.
Is there a solution without the delegation warning which I can use on all the rows?

Hi @FUS !

Do you really getting delegation warnings on Collections? You shouldn´t get that since it´s stored locally on your device. Or are you using another data source? I would always recommend to use Collections when working with the data in a Powerapp so if you are using Sharepoint for instance, try to fetch all the records to Collections on OnStart. It´s also good for the overall performance of the app 🙂

BR

Pontus

Yea, I'm using Sharepoint... but added a sort and in that way can do 4000 rows.
It's still a limitation, but couldn't get any other way to work. (Made a post about it)

Good suggestion about importing the data... will take it into consideration forward 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,115)