cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

How can i check if you submitted a request, but then if you cancel the request to allow user to submit a new one

Hello,

I have a question: How to check in powerapps if you submitted a request to a SharePoint list, and if user cancels the request to be able to submit a new one. I have a formula that checks if the creator submitted a request, but when user updates the record to cancel i want user to be able to submit a new request. Can this be possible? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @patty789 ,

Try this:

If(!IsEmpty(Filter('Request', CreatorName.DisplayName = varUser.FullName && RequestStatus.Value = "Submitted" && Isblnak(UpdateType.Value))), 
Navigate(PersonalRequestScreen, ScreenTransition.Fade), 
!IsEmpty(Filter('Request', UpdateType.Value = "Cancel Request")), UpdateContext({showPopup:true}))

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more. 

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @patty789 ,

Add a new column in SharePoint list as request Status (choice column "Yet-To-Start","In-Progress","Completed","Cancelled"). Give a screen to user and list all the his/her tickets along with a cancel button. If user click on cancel button update the status as "Cancelled". While clicking on new ticket request ensure that there are no open tickets in SP List.

Let me know if you need filter formulas, I can provide you in detail.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

@KrishnaV Thank you for your response i have this formula on a submit button yet it does not work and currently i have a record created by me and when i go to my personal view on the app i click edit then i have a drop down to select update request or cancel and i select cancel, but i want to go back and select a new request my formula does not work.  

If(!IsEmpty(Filter('Request', CreatorName = varUser.FullName && RequestStatus.Value = "Submitted")), Navigate(PersonalRequestScreen, ScreenTransition.Fade), !IsEmpty(Filter('Request', UpdateType.Value = "Cancel Request")), UpdateContext({showPopup:true}))

Hi @patty789 ,

Try this:

If(!IsEmpty(Filter('Request', CreatorName.DisplayName = varUser.FullName && RequestStatus.Value = "Submitted")), 
!IsEmpty(Filter('Request', UpdateType.Value = "Cancel Request")), UpdateContext({showPopup:true}))

Note:  I am assuming CreatorName is a people picker field in SharePoint List.

Regards,
Krishna

Regards,
KrishnaV

@KrishnaV The CreatorName column in SharePoint list is a single text column. 

Hi @patty789 ,

Ok try this,

If(IsEmpty(Filter('Request', CreatorName = varUser.FullName && RequestStatus.Value = "Submitted")), 

Regards,
Krishna

Regards,
KrishnaV

@KrishnaV That worked yet, the If statement now is not checking if i already submitted a request and should take me to my personal view. 

Hi @patty789 ,

Try this:

If(!IsEmpty(Filter('Request', CreatorName = varUser.FullName && RequestStatus.Value = "Submitted")), // This takes the user to PersonalRequest Screen if there are any submitted requested on the logged in user name
!IsEmpty(Filter('Request',CreatorName = varUser.FullName && UpdateType.Value = "Cancel Request")), UpdateContext({showPopup:true})) // This will set the variable to True if there are any cancelled request in the form with the logged in user.

Regards,
Krishna

Regards,
KrishnaV

Hi @patty789 ,

Try this:

If(!IsEmpty(Filter('Request', CreatorName.DisplayName = varUser.FullName && RequestStatus.Value = "Submitted" && Isblnak(UpdateType.Value))), 

Regards,
Krishna

Regards,
KrishnaV

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (95,734)