cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OsmandFernando Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

How can i create the same app in a different site ?

Dear Experts, 

I have a question. As I have created the app, if I want to create the same app in a different o365 account (a different company) is there a way to do it with out doing it from scratch ?

Osmand

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How can i create the same app in a different site ?

Hi @OsmandFernando ,

Currently, if you want to use the Solution functionality in PowerApps, you must install CDS database within the current Environment.

If you only have PowerApps for Office 365 functionality, I afraid that you have no access to CDS functionality and Solution functionality in PowerApps.

Currently, the CDS functionality is not available for PowerApps Office 365 license.

As an alternative solution, you could consider edit your app, then save it into your local PC, then it would generate a .msapp file in your PC:

1.JPG

After that, you could copy the generated .msapp file to any different site, and then open it using PowerApps Studio for web.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SKH19 Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

If your app isn't already in a solution, then from the Maker Portal go to Solutions:

Annotation 2019-12-18 104224.png

Create a Solution. In the new solution, add the existing app:

Annotation 2019-12-18 104303.png

Export the Solution from this environment, switch to your new environment, select Solutions again and hit Import. Select the file you got from your export.

---
Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post answered your question! If my post was helpful please consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Post Prodigy

@SKH19 Thank you for your reply. Do I need any special plans of powerapps to use solutions? Currently powerapps included in the subscription with PowerApps for Office 365

Osmand

Post Prodigy

@SKH19 ,

When I go to the Solutions I see like this,

Capture.PNG

Community Support
Community Support

HI @OsmandFernando ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to create same canvas app in different PowerApps Environment?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the Solution functionality in PowerApps could achieve your needs. On your side, you could consider add a solution in your Source Environment, then add your existing canvas app into this solution.

After that, export this solution into a package file, and then import this package file into your Target Environment. Then you could use the app within your Target Environment.

Note: When you import this package file into your Target Environment, you may need to update connections used within your canvas app with connections in your Target Environment.

More details about the Solution functionality in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/use-solution-explorer

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Post Prodigy

@v-xida-msft @SKH19 

The thing is I can not create a new environment because my current plan which is Powerapps for Office 365 can only have the default environment as per my understanding. When I try to create a new environment it is asking to start the free trail with Plan 2

😞

Osmand 

SKH19 Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@OsmandFernando 

Yeah, you will have to contact your global admin and get a database created in the default environment in order to put your app into a solution.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @OsmandFernando ,

Currently, if you want to use the Solution functionality in PowerApps, you must install CDS database within the current Environment.

If you only have PowerApps for Office 365 functionality, I afraid that you have no access to CDS functionality and Solution functionality in PowerApps.

Currently, the CDS functionality is not available for PowerApps Office 365 license.

As an alternative solution, you could consider edit your app, then save it into your local PC, then it would generate a .msapp file in your PC:

1.JPG

After that, you could copy the generated .msapp file to any different site, and then open it using PowerApps Studio for web.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Post Prodigy

@v-xida-msft Your solutions is the best option for me. I did that. I just need to create the SharePoint List and linked to the app. 

Thank you so much for your support also educating me

@SKH19 Thank you too

Osmand

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,788)