cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pleibling
Helper I
Helper I

How can i filter based on a selection in a Sharepointlist?

Hello,

i have a Sharepointlist called Ticketliste, in this List is a Column "jexo" renamed to Status (name was automatic given at the creation) - this column has a selection with entrys like offen, heute, warten auf kunde, in bearbeitung (this mean status is like closed, open, waiting on customer and so on).

Now i want to create an gallery and filter it to "status" = 'Heute', but it doesn't work.

i try: filter(ticketliste; status.value='HEUTE') or filter(ticketliste; jexo.value='HEUTE') 

How can i filter it?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-24 um 00.51.20.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@pleibling ,

There is no error on that code you have posted (and there should not be as it is correct). That is a very basic filter and providing the List Ticketliste contains a Choice Field called Status, then the gallery will display all the records where Status is Heute.

Your errors seem to be on the fields in the gallery (not the Items)- click on all the red X icons and see what the errors are.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

@pleibling ,

Your combo box Items need to be

Choices(Ticketliste.Status)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

9 REPLIES 9
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

@pleibling ,

When you say it does not work, do you get an error? It is a Choice Column, so one of these should work

Filter(
   ticketliste; 
   Status.Value="HEUTE"
)

OR

Filter(
   ticketliste; 
   jexo.Value="HEUTE"
)

Please confirm what is happening.

pleibling
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Warren,

thanks for your help - but it doesn't work. Not single or complete with OR.

The strange is, that when i insert a Gallery and select Ticketlist as Source and want to define the Fields, i get not jexo or status it is not shown!

But when i select an field and wrote thisitem.status.value i get the status.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-24 um 11.00.22.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-24 um 11.05.46.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-24 um 11.12.55.png

But when i set as filter for the gallery Filter(Ticketliste; thisitem.status.value='HEUTE') or Filter(Ticketliste; status.value='HEUTE') it doesn't work.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-24 um 11.14.06.png

@pleibling ,'

You might try capitals in Status.Value and double quotes around "Heute" for a start.

pleibling
Helper I
Helper I

@WarrenBelz : Thanks for your help, but this doesn't work - do you have another idea?!?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-25 um 12.27.18.png

@pleibling ,

There is no error on that code you have posted (and there should not be as it is correct). That is a very basic filter and providing the List Ticketliste contains a Choice Field called Status, then the gallery will display all the records where Status is Heute.

Your errors seem to be on the fields in the gallery (not the Items)- click on all the red X icons and see what the errors are.

Strange is, that when i create a Dropdownelement, and reference it to ticketliste - i can not select Status or jexo as value, autocompletion show this too not.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-25 um 13.23.08.png

@pleibling ,

Your combo box Items need to be

pleibling
Helper I
Helper I

@WarrenBelz : Wow, this works now! Strange is, you answer works now (but in the picture above you see, that has not worked): 

Filter(Ticketliste; Status.Value="Heute")

The Dropdown works fine with your Code:

Now i combine it to:

Filter(Ticketliste; Status.Value=Dropdown_kunde.Selected.Value)

That's the perfecct Solution for me - you made my Day! Thanks a lot for you perfect support!!!

But one, question - default is now "offen", can i predefine "Heute" as default in the Dropbownbox?

@pleibling ,

Assuming this is a drop-down (not a Combo Box), make the Default

Coalesce(ThisItem.Status.Value,"Heute")

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,282)