cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeekAlf_Pro
Helper V
Helper V

How can i retrieve the url's of a collection's items ?

Hi !

I try to upload from Powerapps to Sharepoint multiples photos.

i've found this : https://www.techmikael.com/2017/05/saving-collection-of-images-from.html
But in my collection, i don't find the way to retrieve the url of the collection's items

Can anybody helps me ?

thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I've found another way to upload images to sharepoint 

here it is :how-to-upload-camera-pictures-directly-to-microsoft-sharepoint-with-powerapps-and-microsoft-flow

it works fine, it's pretty simple !

For those who want to upload images to Sharepoint and use the "add pictures" control.

View solution in original post

Hi @GeekAlf_Pro ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think you have some misunderstanding with this solution.

When you save the captured pictures from your Camera control into a Collection using the following formula:

Collect(
           PictureColl,
           Camera1.Photo
)

The PictureColl collection only has one column -- Url. The screenshot as below:8.JPG

When you set the Items property of the Gallery to above Collection, within the Gallery, you could use following formula to access the capture pic:

ThisItem.Url

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SanAndresMan1
Advocate III
Advocate III

Whether you iterate through the collection in PowerApps or do so via Flow, I don't know that you need the URL of the collection for this - in fact, I don't even think this is exposed. I read the article you posted and nowhere did I see a reference to a collection URL. Are you sure you are not confusing this with the URL of the SharePoint list?

Hi SanAndresMan1,

thanks for your quick response.

i do think the url is necessary, because at the end of the solution, the OnSelect formula is : 

ForAll(PictureColl,Collect(SubmitData, { filename: Concatenate(Text( Now(), DateTimeFormat.LongDate ),Mid("0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRTSTIUVWXYZ", 1 + RoundDown(Rand() * 36, 0), 1),Mid("0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRTSTIUVWXYZ", 1 + RoundDown(Rand() * 36, 0), 1),".jpg"), filebody: Url })); 

SaveImages.Run(Concat(SubmitData, filename & "|" & filebody & "#"))

Just on the right of filebody: Url

And further on in the comments, Mikael Svenson refers to 

ThisItem.Photo.Url

I thought it was the collection's one, because, at this step, the file is not created yet in Sharepoint, so i can't grab the file's url in sharepoint.

What do you think about ?

I've found another way to upload images to sharepoint 

here it is :how-to-upload-camera-pictures-directly-to-microsoft-sharepoint-with-powerapps-and-microsoft-flow

it works fine, it's pretty simple !

For those who want to upload images to Sharepoint and use the "add pictures" control.

Hi @GeekAlf_Pro ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead to click "Accept as solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

not really, that's why i didn't click "Accept as solution".

i've found a workaround but still interested by a solution

Hi @GeekAlf_Pro ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think you have some misunderstanding with this solution.

When you save the captured pictures from your Camera control into a Collection using the following formula:

Collect(
           PictureColl,
           Camera1.Photo
)

The PictureColl collection only has one column -- Url. The screenshot as below:8.JPG

When you set the Items property of the Gallery to above Collection, within the Gallery, you could use following formula to access the capture pic:

ThisItem.Url

Best regards,

Hi Kris,

Thanks for your response.

that's it, i had noticed that if there is only one column i've got the url.

i will try with only one column.

but do you know why i can't retrieve ThisItem.url if i set other parameters like name, and so of the gallery ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,842)