cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hooi
Helper I
Helper I

How can the item submitted remain in the detail page when I submitted the form instead of first item of the list?

Hi All, 

Currently I have built a Power Apps and connected to SharePoint List. 

In my Power Apps, it have three list item 

1) Beauty Company 

2) Flower Company 

3) Whiskey Company 

When I chose to edit 2nd item of the list and updated and submitted the form (I named the edit form page as Edit Timeline) and back to the Detail Form (I named it as Review of Timeline), It cannot stay at the 2nd time but prompted to 1st item - Beauty Company. How can I make it to stay at the item I chose to edit in my Review of Timeline Page? 

Example as per below: 

At the main page, I have these three item and I clicked "Review Timeline" for 2nd item and bring me to the detail page (as per 2nd screenshot). Then I will need to click "edit" button to edit and it brings me to "Edit Page" - as per 3rd screenshot. After edited and clicked on "Submit" button, it will bring me to the detail page but the details shown 1st list item instead the one I edited recently

1st screenshot

Hooi_1-1634096995553.png

2nd screenshot

Hooi_4-1634097187776.png

3rd screeshot

Hooi_3-1634097120772.png

4th Screenshot

Hooi_5-1634097236254.png

Hope someone can really give some helps. Thank you in advance! 

Hi @Django, I am desperate to find the solution. I am trying my luck to search for your help and hope maybe you can help me on this, please. Thank you so much

Regards, Hooi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Hooi ,

In your first screen you have a Gallery --> there you use the Default property to set the default selected item to the variable.

In your second screen you seem to have a Form Control --> here you use Item property to set the default selected item to the variable.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
rahul1406

@Hooi When you say stay at the edited item means it should highlight the item which was edited recently, correct ?

Hi @rahul1406 yes you are right. 

At the main page, I have these three item and I clicked "Review Timeline" and bring me to the detail page (as per 2nd screenshot). Then I will need to click "edit" button to edit and it brings me to "Edit Page" - as per 3rd screenshot. After edited and clicked on "Submit" button, it will bring me to the detail page but the details shown 1st list item instead the one I edited recently

Hooi_1-1634096995553.png

Hooi_4-1634097187776.png

Hooi_3-1634097120772.png

Hooi_5-1634097236254.png

Django
MVP

Hi @Hooi!

Thank you for mentioning me 🙏 

Could you check: Power Apps: Default item of Gallery after Form Submit » Knowhere365

Basically what seems to happen is that after a form submit --> the data source is refreshed --> then the gallery is reset.

If we use a variable to store the Default Selected Item in a gallery and when data source refreshes also refresh this  variable --> the default selected item of the gallery should remain.

HI @Django , Thanks for your reply.

Sorry I am very new to Power Apps. I have followed the steps in your webpage you shared. However, I couldn't find "Default" property in my "Review Timeline" screen. Where should i put the formula for step 2 ?

Hooi_0-1634708444204.png

Hi @Hooi ,

In your first screen you have a Gallery --> there you use the Default property to set the default selected item to the variable.

In your second screen you seem to have a Form Control --> here you use Item property to set the default selected item to the variable.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (1,490)