cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stapes Post Patron
Post Patron

How do I change Control Type in my DataTable to Checkbox?

I am trying to display this field in my DataTable as a CheckBox, so that the user can tick the boxes as appropriate.

I have added the checkbox field to the DataTable. It currently shows the Control type as Text column, and it gives me no other options?

checkbox-problem.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
SKH19 Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Re: How do I change Control Type in my DataTable to Checkbox?

Hi @stapes 

Unfortunately Data Tables are read only, so you will not be able to set it up so users can do in-row editing like that.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

As @SKH19 said, Data Tables are non-editable data.  You should use a Gallery instead if you want to allow user's to edit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @stapes ,

I suggest you use gallery.

To format the gallery to table look, the main thing is to adjust the position of the size of the textbox. Set all height of text box to be the same, and align them tightly, then set the border property of text box, make the textboxes more like table cells. 

Then, it still lacks a header column, so just add some labels with the title, adjust the size and position. Eventually, Gallery will look like this:Snipaste_2019-12-16_17-46-54.png

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,150)