cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I connect the Yes/No checkboxes in PowerApp form to Yes/No column in SPO list?

Hello everyone,

I have the following data card in a PowerApps form that is connected to a SharePoint Online list:

image.png

My question is, how do I connect/link the Yes/No checkboxes in the above PowerApps form to the Yes/No column that I have set up in my SPO list?

Please let me know if I'm not making sense, or if more information is needed.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: How do I connect the Yes/No checkboxes in PowerApp form to Yes/No column in SPO list?

A few random thoughts to help you. 

The first idea I have with your existing setup is you might have an issue because they could check both boxes. What I would do is either use a Toggle or just one checkbox that you check when it is yes. So maybe change your design?

Second thing. If you don't want to change your design then set the OnCheck property for each box to update a contextual variable with the value Yes or No. Then when you submit your data use the value in the variable to populate your SPO field.

There are probably 5 different ways to skin this cat. Just need to find one that works for you.

Let me know if that helps at all.

Shane

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I connect the Yes/No checkboxes in PowerApp form to Yes/No column in SPO list?

Any ideas on this? 

I do appreciate the help.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

A few random thoughts to help you. 

The first idea I have with your existing setup is you might have an issue because they could check both boxes. What I would do is either use a Toggle or just one checkbox that you check when it is yes. So maybe change your design?

Second thing. If you don't want to change your design then set the OnCheck property for each box to update a contextual variable with the value Yes or No. Then when you submit your data use the value in the variable to populate your SPO field.

There are probably 5 different ways to skin this cat. Just need to find one that works for you.

Let me know if that helps at all.

Shane

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,000)