cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devin130

How do I connect to a generic WebAPI through the MSFT Data Gateway using Power Automate?

This might be a simple question, due to security requirements, I am designing a complex integration for D365 SAAS to an on premise WEB API endpoint (like an api store) and wanted to confirm I have the correct setup:

App >> Power Automate (get HTTP, do stuff with payload here)>> MS Data Gateway (cloud) >> Ms Data gateway (on-prem) >>  connector? >> WebAPI (returns json object)

Is a custom connector the only option for this pattern? Is there a generic connector that allows me to specify an address that will allow me to see the endpoint and return data when I build/execute the action in my flow?

1 REPLY 1
StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @devin130 

That's right. To connect API or HTTP endpoint which is On-premises, we need to create a custom connector. But if the data is in SQL then we don't need a custom connector, an SQL connector is capable to connect on-premises and can be used from PowerApps.

On-premises data gateway must be installed on the on-premises server and the account should have permission to connect both.

Thanks,
Stalin - Learn To Illuminate

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,848)