cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devin130

How do I connect to a generic WebAPI through the MSFT Data Gateway using Power Automate?

This might be a simple question, due to security requirements, I am designing a complex integration for D365 SAAS to an on premise WEB API endpoint (like an api store) and wanted to confirm I have the correct setup:

App >> Power Automate (get HTTP, do stuff with payload here)>> MS Data Gateway (cloud) >> Ms Data gateway (on-prem) >>  connector? >> WebAPI (returns json object)

Is a custom connector the only option for this pattern? Is there a generic connector that allows me to specify an address that will allow me to see the endpoint and return data when I build/execute the action in my flow?

1 REPLY 1
StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @devin130 

That's right. To connect API or HTTP endpoint which is On-premises, we need to create a custom connector. But if the data is in SQL then we don't need a custom connector, an SQL connector is capable to connect on-premises and can be used from PowerApps.

On-premises data gateway must be installed on the on-premises server and the account should have permission to connect both.

Thanks,
Stalin - Learn To Illuminate

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,166)