cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OceanA
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

How do I create a Custom Connector for JIRA?

Hi, 

I would like to create a custom connector to pull in data from my jira instance (not hosted by Atlassian). I am currently using a blank query that has REST API and JSON, in Power Bi, and I thought that would be pretty straight forward to do the same in PowerApps. However, this hasn't been the case for me. Here's what I've tried so far:

• Exisiting JIRA connector provided by Microsoft - none of my data was coming through
  • Importing Swagger / OpenApi documentation provided by Atlassian - had to remove lines I didn't need, to reduce file size
  • Data intergration using my exisiting blank query code - my usual method of authentication was unavailable, so I couldn't proceed
  • Creating the connector from scratch - got confused, and had several errors

Could you please advise me on the best way to create a custom connect for JIRA? Preferably a step by step guide, or tried and tested code, OpenAPI or Postman file.

4 REPLIES 4
Lisabel0
Helper V
Helper V

Did you follow the documentation about how to create a custom connector from scratch here?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/custom-connectors/define-blank

Yes, that didn't work for me.

@OceanA 

Have you been able to work this out?

I am trying something similar but I am getting UnAuthorized error while I am Administrator ...

@VDL-iDalko 

Sadly not. I also tried importing the JIRA OpenApi JSON / YAML files, and that didn't work. Could you share with me what you tried please?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,472)