cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OceanA Advocate I
Advocate I

How do I create a Custom Connector for JIRA?

Hi, 

I would like to create a custom connector to pull in data from my jira instance (not hosted by Atlassian). I am currently using a blank query that has REST API and JSON, in Power Bi, and I thought that would be pretty straight forward to do the same in PowerApps. However, this hasn't been the case for me. Here's what I've tried so far:

• Exisiting JIRA connector provided by Microsoft - none of my data was coming through
  • Importing Swagger / OpenApi documentation provided by Atlassian - had to remove lines I didn't need, to reduce file size
  • Data intergration using my exisiting blank query code - my usual method of authentication was unavailable, so I couldn't proceed
  • Creating the connector from scratch - got confused, and had several errors

Could you please advise me on the best way to create a custom connect for JIRA? Preferably a step by step guide, or tried and tested code, OpenAPI or Postman file.

4 REPLIES 4
Lisabel0 Helper V
Helper V

Re: How do I create a Custom Connector for JIRA?

Did you follow the documentation about how to create a custom connector from scratch here?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/custom-connectors/define-blank

OceanA Advocate I
Advocate I

Yes, that didn't work for me.

VDL-iDalko

@OceanA 

Have you been able to work this out?

I am trying something similar but I am getting UnAuthorized error while I am Administrator ...

OceanA Advocate I
Advocate I

@VDL-iDalko 

Sadly not. I also tried importing the JIRA OpenApi JSON / YAML files, and that didn't work. Could you share with me what you tried please?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,194)