cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_A_Speare
Helper I
Helper I

How do I create a Html 'tag' for a url for an email.

Hi everyone,

I am trying to add a Link to an online store to be sent via email from inside the app. The email works perfectly but I cant get the Html tag to work so the email just has this long url through the middle of it rather than a 'Click here' if that makes any sense?

The text for the email is being pulled from a Text Input box, this is the code I have at the moment but it treats the html code as just more text either side of the url.

"Your job has been printed, please go to <a href='URL_HERE'>&gt;Digital Workshop Store;</a> and pay £" & DataCardValue4 & Char(13) & Char(13) & "Once you have paid your print will be ready to collect between " & TextInput1_1

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rsaikrishna
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@David_A_Speare 

Place a HTML Inputput control htxtLabel on the app and this control has HTMLText property. 

Set the value as below:

"Your job has been printed, please go to <a href='URL_HERE'>Digital Workshop Store</a> and pay £" & DataCardValue4.Text & Char(13) & Char(13) & "Once you have paid your print will be ready to collect between " & TextInput1_1.Text

Now, you can use htxtLabel.Text property in the email. It will place URL in desired format.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rsaikrishna
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@David_A_Speare 

Place a HTML Inputput control htxtLabel on the app and this control has HTMLText property. 

Set the value as below:

"Your job has been printed, please go to <a href='URL_HERE'>Digital Workshop Store</a> and pay £" & DataCardValue4.Text & Char(13) & Char(13) & "Once you have paid your print will be ready to collect between " & TextInput1_1.Text

Now, you can use htxtLabel.Text property in the email. It will place URL in desired format.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

View solution in original post

@rsaikrishna 

Thank you, this worked perfectly!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (78,191)