cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DustinB
Advocate I
Advocate I

How do I display an image column from my SharePoint list?

Hi everyone,

I'm having issues displaying my images from my SharePoint list. (Sorry for this nooby question, but Google isn't my friend..)

The Column Type of my list is "Image" so its not the "Link or Image" Column with the name "Picture".

I only found solutions with the "Link or Image" column type. But for my specific case I have to use the "Image" column type.

I tried the following commands but nothing worked...

Image = LookUp('MySPOList'; Title = "XYZ"; Picture)

Image = LookUp('MySPOList'; Title = "XYZ"; Picture.Image)

Image = LookUp('MySPOList'; Title = "XYZ"; Picture.Value)

Image = Picture.Thumbnail.Large

I have absoluetly no idea how I could display images with the SharePoint Image Column Type.

Thanks in advance 🙂

26 REPLIES 26

BTW, nice blog site Warren!! Thanks for the link, it's now one of my "Resources" 👍

Ya, I know, it's a 'workaround' but the flow will automate it all for you.

You know, since December I've spent 99% of the time trying to figure out how to do something only to learn that I need to do a workaround or a hack. But, hey, we have AI, 3D and connections to Trello etc. 🙄

max81
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

ganeshsanap
Super User
Super User

You can now also use the Image column type in SharePoint online as Power apps will soon support the image column type from SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists.

Check more information in this article: Power Apps can now display images from SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists 

Please click Accept as solution & ‌‌👍 if my answer helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. If the answer was useful in other ways, please consider giving it ‌‌👍

Thanks for that link, @ganesa , I had also come across that announcement in the Admin Message Center.

However, this seems to have not yet been rolled out, even though the timeline mentioned in the post has passed.

Has anyone managed to get this working? Are there any additional steps you must take either in PowerApps or in your SharePoint list to enable this?

max81
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

I also have the problem that it is not working for our tenant up to now. 
My experience so far: it takes 1-3 month more for new features to be available in our tenant. 😞

ganeshsanap
Super User
Super User

@max81 @OliverR-82,

Release timeline of this feature is updated by Microsoft recently. This feature will be released in October 2021.

Check complete information about release timeline (targeted/standard release) at: Power Apps can now display images from SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists 

Please click Accept as solution & ‌‌👍 if my answer helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. If the answer was useful in other ways, please consider giving it ‌‌👍

Best Regards,

Ganesh Sanap

Blog site 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,339)