cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DustinB
Advocate I
Advocate I

How do I display an image column from my SharePoint list?

Hi everyone,

I'm having issues displaying my images from my SharePoint list. (Sorry for this nooby question, but Google isn't my friend..)

The Column Type of my list is "Image" so its not the "Link or Image" Column with the name "Picture".

I only found solutions with the "Link or Image" column type. But for my specific case I have to use the "Image" column type.

I tried the following commands but nothing worked...

Image = LookUp('MySPOList'; Title = "XYZ"; Picture)

Image = LookUp('MySPOList'; Title = "XYZ"; Picture.Image)

Image = LookUp('MySPOList'; Title = "XYZ"; Picture.Value)

Image = Picture.Thumbnail.Large

I have absoluetly no idea how I could display images with the SharePoint Image Column Type.

Thanks in advance 🙂

39 REPLIES 39

I can confirm that this works now. This is a nice addition to PowerApps functionality. Thank you @ganeshsanap for the heads up.

Sefie
Regular Visitor

Not yet working in my environment. Just to make sure I'm doing it right... In a gallery, for example:

Image = ThisItem.NameOfImageColumn and not ThisItem.Thumbnail? 

max81
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

@Sefie :

ThisItem.Image gives you a record.

Use

ThisItem.Image.Full

to get the image.

Everything else didn't work for me (like thisitem.Image.medium)

Sefie
Regular Visitor

@max81 Thanks for the clarification. The feature is probably not rolled out to my environment yet then. 

max81
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

@Sefie: could be. It was activated for our tenant today.

I will recommend our users not to use it. It is read only and display the image works at the moment only with the "full" property. So depending on image sizes, a gallery will be loaded really slow.

It was also activated in our tentant today. In our case the other properties like, Medium or Large are working fine so far.

gjayne1984
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi everyone

I can now view images of this type in Power Apps for existing items which is great.  However, I can't see any way of adding images in my apps?  Adding directly from the SharePoint list gives you the ability to click Add an image:

gjayne1984_0-1647438350758.png

In Power Apps the image field only seems to be read-only.  I've tried using an add image control to pass data to this column but this doesn't seem to save the image to my list item.  Has anyone found a way around this or are we only able to add images using this column directly in the SP list?

@gjayne1984 ,

Correct as far as I can see - you not only cannot add in Power Apps, but also you need the "native" SharePoint View/Edit form to add one in SharePoint. This means if you have an integrated app as your menu, you cannot add files in SharePoint. Easier to simply attach them and if necessary, filter by file name to get the one you want . . .

gjayne1984
Advocate I
Advocate I

@WarrenBelz thanks for confirming.  For now I'll have to stick with using Power Automate in the background to take the attached image and upload to SharePoint etc.  Hopefully the ability to use an add image link in Power Apps to replicate the native SharePoint form functionality will come at some point.

gjayne1984
Advocate I
Advocate I

@WarrenBelz thanks for confirming.  For now I'll have to stick with using Power Automate in the background to take the attached image and upload to SharePoint etc.  Hopefully the ability to use an add image link in Power Apps to replicate the native SharePoint form functionality will come at some point.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,458)