cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s-roberts
Frequent Visitor

How do I export an app without the test data

I'd like to export my App from my Dev environment and import it into QA, but without the data.

Is there a way to do this?

The Export package (preview) option includes the data. 

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Apps don’t include the data,  no data gets moved when you move your app. As @WarrenBelz  mentioned, it all depends on what you connect it to.

If you are using cds and you move your app you can move the app and the entities that the app uses to a different environment, but it doesn’t bring any data with it.

there is a way to also package up your data for your cds app, it is called the configuration migration utility https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/manage-configuration-data

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @s-roberts ,

Do you mean without the data connection? If so, use Save As, delete the connection and then export that.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Apps don’t include the data,  no data gets moved when you move your app. As @WarrenBelz  mentioned, it all depends on what you connect it to.

If you are using cds and you move your app you can move the app and the entities that the app uses to a different environment, but it doesn’t bring any data with it.

there is a way to also package up your data for your cds app, it is called the configuration migration utility https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/manage-configuration-data

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,622)