cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I get my dataform to display dates in DD/MM/YYYY format?

I just did this where StartTime is a column in a SharePoint list with date and time:

Text(StartTime;" dd/mm/yyyy") for me this works, but NOT Text(StartTime,"dd/mm/yyyy") so try with a semicolon instead after StartTime.

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

What exactly did you type? For example this works:

Text(Now(),"dd/mm/yyyy")

You must have put a control name as the first argument, it needs to be a property of type Date (or DateTime).

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Ok, so clearly I don't understand how powerapps assigns values (I guess I am more of a newby than I even thought). Here is a screen print of my form. Your suggestion worked perfectly. How do I get the dates on my fields to show and save properly?

temp.png

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

This date issue is causing me some pain. I have tried unlocking a control with a Default Date set to Parent.Default that displays a value of 4/19/2017 (i.e. April 19, 2017). then changed it to Text(Parent.Default,"dd/mm/yyyy") and as soon as I move away from the control PowerApps changes it to Text(Parent.Default,"[$-en-US]dd/mm/yyyy") and displays the date as 7/4/2018

Is this expected behaviour? What is it doing?

If I then cnage it to Text(Parent.Default,"[$-en-GB]dd/mm/yyyy") PowerApps leaves it as is but still displays the date as 7/4/2018 

How do I get it to display the date as 19/4/2017?

Highlighted

Hi ... did you every get a satisfactory answer or solution for this? I have the same problem.

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

If you have a value as a date, use

Text(somevalue,"[$-en-US]dd/mm/yyyy")

If you have a value as a string, then you will need to convert the string into a date via the DateValue function first.

Highlighted

I'm also looking for a resolution to this.. 

I have found a messy work-around though.  This formula works if you replace "Parent.Default" with the actual value name from the parent object, and then it works.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I found this ....

Text(somevalue,"[$-en-US]dd/mm/yyyy")

Doesn't work at all, dates remain determindly in mm/dd/yyyy format

In fact unlocking data cards based on sharepoint date list columns has the effect of corrupting the dates such that the wrong date is showing, I would say random dates show up, but they are not random, the further the date is in the future, the larger the descrepency.  Safest thing to do, at least with sharepoint derived lists is to keep the dates locked in powerapps and live with the resultant mm/dd/yyyy  format.

Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @rachyett

That is because the second parameter of Text determines what underlying format to display, and not according to which locale.

The locale for display is determined by an optional third parameter, and defaults to the user's locale, so for some reason PowerApps determines that in your case it is US even though you might be somewhere else.  This may be due to your device and/or browser settings.

How does this work?

Text(Today(), "[$-en-US]mm/dd/yyyy", "it-IT")

It may seem odd, but should show 15/05/2018 in any setting.

Please let me know.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Text(Today(),"[$-en-US]dd/mm/yyy","en-GB")

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,540)