cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

How do I get my dataform to display dates in DD/MM/YYYY format?

I have set my computer Region/Date to Australia DD/MM/YYYY format. I have set Sharepoint region to the same so my Sharepoint list displays in that format. I have created a PowerApp that insists on displaying dates in MM/DD/YYYY format. How do I change it?

38 REPLIES 38

Hi aeMadhavan , I'm afraid 

Text(Today(), "[$-en-US]mm/dd/yyyy", "it-IT")

this doesn't work for me either.

I'm starting to think it may be a different problem, because the control, once unlocked is not showing today's date, but some random date in US format, by random I mean not todays date and not the date of the underlying list column.

So exactly where should I be putting "Text(Today(), "[$-en-US]mm/dd/yyyy", "it-IT")"  ?

Once i unlock the control, I've tried putting the formula in Card=>DataField in place of the lists column name just to see if it works

I've tried putting it in  DatePicker=>DefaultDate in place of Parent.Default 

I've tried putting it in both

None of the above results in anything other than a random date in US format.

Device and Browser settings are both UK, Region settings for underlying sharepoint site are UK

@rachyett wrote:

Hi aeMadhavan , I'm afraid 

Text(Today(), "[$-en-US]mm/dd/yyyy", "it-IT")

this doesn't work for me either.

I'm starting to think it may be a different problem, because the control, once unlocked is not showing today's date, but some random date in US format, by random I mean not todays date and not the date of the underlying list column.

So exactly where should I be putting "Text(Today(), "[$-en-US]mm/dd/yyyy", "it-IT")"  ?

Once i unlock the control, I've tried putting the formula in Card=>DataField in place of the lists column name just to see if it works

I've tried putting it in  DatePicker=>DefaultDate in place of Parent.Default 

I've tried putting it in both

None of the above results in anything other than a random date in US format.

Device and Browser settings are both UK, Region settings for underlying sharepoint site are UK

From another post I had: 

Wrap the date with a DateValue and a different timezone.

DateValue(YourDateFieldHere.Text,"fr")

You can then convert it around to another format like:

Text(DateValue(YourDateFieldHere.Text,"fr"),"dd/mm/yyyy")

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @JRaasumaa,

please see the attachment that has the screenshot

Resolver II
Resolver II

Not sure if you already solve this. But this worked for me when I had the same problem to display a date field with the right format

On the text property: Text(DateTimeValue(Parent.Default),"[$-en-US]dd/mm/yyyy")

Now, to use on a date picker, you change the Format property to:

Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,"[$-en-US]dd/mm/yyyy")

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @KOM_4410,

Solved by using this Text(InvoiceDate,"[$-en-US]dd/mm/yyy","en-GB"). Thank you

Tried the three solutions listed above, all slightly different, but none of them work for me

I've tried creating dummy lists, with simple list names, in case there was some floor in my original example, I've tried on different machines in different locations with different operating systems and different browsers, but nothing I do changes the date from appearing in the power apps in the US format.  

@KOM_4410 @Anonymous @JRaasumaa

Tried the three solutions listed above, all slightly different, but none of them work for me

I've tried creating dummy lists, with simple list names, in case there was some floor in my original example, I've tried on different machines in different locations with different operating systems and different browsers, but nothing I do changes the date from appearing in the power apps in the US format.  

Hi @rachyett,

Can you share some screenshots with the formulas and the properties you are using? It may help to find the problem

Cheers

Thank you. This is the solution that worked for me.

this would work with LabelMan Happy

Text(DateTimeValue(Parent.Default),"dd/mm/yyy")

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,987)