cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paNewby
Helper III
Helper III

How do I get my dataform to display dates in DD/MM/YYYY format?

I have set my computer Region/Date to Australia DD/MM/YYYY format. I have set Sharepoint region to the same so my Sharepoint list displays in that format. I have created a PowerApp that insists on displaying dates in MM/DD/YYYY format. How do I change it?

38 REPLIES 38
AlexKeil
Advocate II
Advocate II

Okay so i found a way to do this, if you change the 'format' property from something like 'DateTimeFormat.ShortDate' to just "dd/mm/yyyy" it will change it. I found that even when using TEXT(<field>, "dd/mm/yyyy") if the format property shows shortdate, or longdate or anything like that, it will use the browser defult.

View solution in original post

Thank you for this. I have just tried it and low and behold it works, I have a Europe/UK date format in the date picker. 

I spent hours looking for complicated solutions and this appears to do the trick.

Genius.

Thanks for your help.

works perfectly! thanks

DavidVidal
Regular Visitor

Hello,

i have managed to do that by editing the "Format" like that

Text([YourDateFieldName].SelectedDate,"[$-en-US]dd/mm/yyyy","en-GB")

A slightly different use case here, but it is somewhat relevant to this thread.  If you'd like to apply date/time settings to a field in a gallery, you can use:

Text(ThisItem.YourDateFieldHere,"[$-en-US]dd/mm/yyyy")

Thanks. It worked 😄

MarkyMark8869
Frequent Visitor

Change the Language in the Datacard to 'en-GB'

so simple and smart! thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,183)