cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sammy
Helper IV
Helper IV

How do I lookup name field in sharepoint and get corresponding {identifier} column for this?

I have a PowerApp with a PDF viewer which works fine. But the PDF viewer shows the PDF's based on the selection of the {identifier}. What I want to achieve is that the user selects the PDF name/title rather than having to select the identifier. My idea of doing this (happy to look up any other suggestions) was to have two dropdowns. Dropdown 1 would be the name/title and Dropdown 2 would be the Identifier. I wanted to make the Identifier dropdown automaticaly select the option based on the name selected. I would then make it invisible so the user could only see the title dropdown.

Here is a screenshot of what I have so far:

PDF PowerApp.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sammy,

Could you please share a bit more about the Document property of the PDF Viewer control?

Do you store your PDF files within your SP library?

I assume that your PDF files are stored within a SP library, if you want to get the {identifier} column value based on the Name field value, please check the following workaround:

4.JPG

• Add a SP library as a data source within my app.
  • Set the Items property of the Dropdown1 control to following formula:
Reporting1.'{Name}'
  • Set the Items property of the Dropdown2 control to following formula:
Filter(Reporting1,'{Name}'=Dropdown1.Selected.Value).'{Identifier}'

Note: The Reporting1 represents the SP library data source within my app.

If you want to reference the {identifier} column within the Dropdown2 control, please take a try with the following formula:

Dropdown2.Selected.Value

More details about the Filter function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Filter function

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sammy,

Could you please share a bit more about the Document property of the PDF Viewer control?

Do you store your PDF files within your SP library?

I assume that your PDF files are stored within a SP library, if you want to get the {identifier} column value based on the Name field value, please check the following workaround:

4.JPG

• Add a SP library as a data source within my app.
  • Set the Items property of the Dropdown1 control to following formula:
Reporting1.'{Name}'
  • Set the Items property of the Dropdown2 control to following formula:
Filter(Reporting1,'{Name}'=Dropdown1.Selected.Value).'{Identifier}'

Note: The Reporting1 represents the SP library data source within my app.

If you want to reference the {identifier} column within the Dropdown2 control, please take a try with the following formula:

Dropdown2.Selected.Value

More details about the Filter function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Filter function

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @v-xida-msft

This worked for me.

Thanks very much

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,303)