cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrsJCosplay
Regular Visitor

How do I set a collection in a drop down menu to a specific value when I click a button?

Hey Everyone,

Hoping for some help.

I am creating a membership form app for x3 centres to create new memberships, or renew existing memberships.

On my launch screen I have 3 buttons for each centre. When I click on the research centre, a pop up  box comes up with "New" or "Renew".

When I click on the "New" button, I want the selected research centre to auto display in my drop down menu on the following "New Membership Form" page - Please see screenshots below.

To create my drop down on the new membership page, I used a collection called "AdvisoryCentreDropDownCollection" and listed the x3 research centres

MrsJCosplay_2-1645949068155.png

Launch Screen

MrsJCosplay_0-1645948737902.png
New Membership Form Page

MrsJCosplay_1-1645948827277.png

Thank you, Courtney

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@MrsJCosplay 

If your control is truly a Dropdown and not a combobox, then, on the three buttons, add the following formula to the OnSelect action:

Set(glbCentre, "Industrial AI") 

and on each, add this formula but change to the centre that the button equates to.

Then, in the Default property of your Dropdown, set the formula to the following: glbCentre

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PowerRanger
Super User
Super User

@MrsJCosplay could you provide a Screenshot of your collection so that I can see the structure...

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

​Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item.

If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@MrsJCosplay 

If your control is truly a Dropdown and not a combobox, then, on the three buttons, add the following formula to the OnSelect action:

Set(glbCentre, "Industrial AI") 

and on each, add this formula but change to the centre that the button equates to.

Then, in the Default property of your Dropdown, set the formula to the following: glbCentre

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Hey There,

hopefully this is what your looking for:

MrsJCosplay_0-1646030196568.png

Thanks so much @RandyHayes , it worked perfectly! 🙂

Courtney

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,671)