cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soooofunny
Helper II
Helper II

How do I show all the results in the filter criteria?

Hi, All.

I am filtering the data based on the data in the gallery.
I'm using a drop-down list to change the display conditions, and I'm trying to figure out how to display all of the data with those conditions.
I'm not sure how to do this, so I'd appreciate your help.

I have written the following function in the drop-down menu. (Supported.Value)
Items = [Blank(), "Before", "During", "After"].

This drop-down list is used as a filter condition.
Filter(Sort(Table1,ID,Descending),Supported.Value = Dropdown1.Selected.Value)

I am able to do this when there is no value in the table, and up to when there is a value in the table, but at the point where it says "Dropdown1.Selected.
Value", I'm wondering how to display all the data.
Is there a way to do this with a function or something?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

You don't need to.  In this formula, the last table1 should be your data source for the table

If(
 !IsBlank(Dropdown1.Selected.Value), Sort(Filter(Table1, Supported.Value =    Dropdown1.Selected.Value), ID, Descending),
Table1

)

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Try your formula like this:

Sort(Filter(Table1, Supported.Value = Dropdown1.Selected.Value), ID, Descending)

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Hi.

Sorry for the late reply.
Thank you for letting me know.

Also, I'm sorry for not being able to communicate well what I want to achieve.
I am able to achieve the display of items by selecting them in the drop-down list, but I don't know how to achieve it if I want to display all items.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks.

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

So if I understand correctly, the filtered items show correctly in the table when an item is selected from the dropdown but you also want an option to show all items?

Do you want All items to be the default and then have them be filtered on a selection from the dropdown?

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Is your dropdown a dropdown or combobox?   If it is a dropdown have you set the 'AllowEmptySelection' to true?

I'm using a drop-down list.

'AllowEmptySelection' is set to'True'.

Drop-down list item settings [Blank (), "Before", "During", "After"] Is it possible to create an item that includes all of these?

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

You don't need to.  In this formula, the last table1 should be your data source for the table

If(
 !IsBlank(Dropdown1.Selected.Value), Sort(Filter(Table1, Supported.Value =    Dropdown1.Selected.Value), ID, Descending),
Table1

)

Hi.

Sorry for the late reply.

With your help, I was able to create what I wanted.

Thank you very much!!!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,707)