cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

How do I submit multiple editforms data to same single sharepoint list

I have 3 screen with three different editforms, but I separate my sharepoint list columns data in those three editforms. Now I want to update the sharepoint list as somebody submit the forms to those sharepoint list columns. I already tried Patch() function, But nothing good comes. Need more clarification on this, I will sharing some screen shorts for more clarification to see what I am actually asking. ax.PNG

As you can see from the image I have submitted the Editform1 first and thosedata will appread on sharpoint site, then I go to other screen and attached file for the same project no and project name, the submission would not make any changes to sharepoint site. So , I want to do this with multiple screen to updatet he single sharepoint list according to the choosen rows/data and update my sharepoint list data when required. The main reason to build mutiple screen is why the app and other screen are used by different peoples to they change make their changes as they see fit. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How do I submit multiple editforms data to same single sharepoint list

HI @ashwnaidv100 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to submit your EditForm1 data firstly, and then go to other screens to make changes to the previous submitted record in Edit form1?

Further, could you please share a bit more about the formula you typed within the Item proeprty of the EditForm1_1 and EditForm1_2?

If you want to submit your EditForm1 data firstly, and then go to other screens to make changes to the previous submitted record in Edit form1, I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Within EditScreen1, set the OnSelect property of the "Submit" button to following:

SubmitForm(EditForm1)

Set the OnSuccess proeprty of the EditForm1 to following:

Set(CurrentSubmitted, EditForm1.LastSubmit)

Set the OnSelect proeprty of the "Navigate" button to following:

EditForm(EditForm1_1);
Navigate(EditScreen1_1, ScreenTransition.Fade)

Within the EditScreen1_1, set the Item property of the EditForm1_1 to following:

CurrentSubmitted           /* <-- Set to the previous record submitted in your EditForm1 */

Set DataSource property of EditForm1_1 to same SP list data source as your EditForm1.

Set the OnSelect property of the "Submit" button to following:

SubmitForm(EditForm1_1)

Set the OnSelect property of the "Navigate" button to following:

EditForm(EditForm1_2);
Navigate(EditScreen1_2, ScreenTransition.Fade)

Within the EditScreen1_2, set the Item property of the EditForm1_2 to following:

CurrentSubmitted           /* <-- Set to previous record submitted in your EditForm1 */

Set the OnSelect property of the "Submit" button to following:

SubmitForm(EditForm1_2)

Set DataSource property of EditForm1_2 to same SP list data source as your EditForm1.

Please take a try with above solution I provided, then check if the issue is solved.

In addition, actually, it is not necessary to submit your EditForm1 data firstly, and then submit other Forms data. On your side, you could consider submit multiple forms data into your SP list data source once time.

Please check and see if my response within the following threads would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Is-it-possible-to-split-the-Edit-Form-into-mu...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/Multiple-forms-to-one-item-sharepoint-list/m-p/142...

On your side, you could take a try with following workaround:

Within EditScreen1, set the OnSelect proeprty of the "Navigate" button to following:

NewForm(EditForm1_1);
Navigate(EditScreen1_1, ScreenTransition.Fade)

Within the EditScreen1_1, set DataSource property of EditForm1_1 to same SP list data source as your EditForm1.

Set the OnSelect proeprty of the "Navigate" button to following:

NewForm(EditForm1_2);
Navigate(EditScreen1_2, ScreenTransition.Fade)

Within the EditScreen1_2, set the OnSelect property of the "Submit" button to following:

Patch(
'YourSPList',
Defaults('YourSPList'),
EditForm1.Updates,
EditForm1_1.Updates,
EditForm1_2.Updates
)

Set DataSource property of EditForm1_2 to same SP list data source as your EditForm1.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Its not working, I tried both the ways, but its not working for me, I do exactly the same and every step , but it still don't work, Its only saing the data in first column, which is our main fixed column. If you could share more information or show case any short video, then let me see, how its working for you. 

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

I have tested with Patch(), the function suits the workability, But its not working, Its not updating the updating the data in other columns, It only updating only in first clumn, by adding new item, but not in other columns. I would be interested to know how should my simple text data goto the Sharepoint list of other columns with the follow up data by that I submitted in other screen. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,326)