Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
therush321
Helper I
Helper I

How do I update a free text field with a button

Hi All

I am trying to update a field item based off a Button.

I would have 2 buttons called: Approve and Reject.

Each button would need to update the field value: Approved Status based on the selection.

I have tried using variables to update my field but no luck.

My source is a SharePoint list.

1.PNG2.PNG

Default.PNG

15 REPLIES 15

@WarrenBelz Thank you very much. I managed to do that but it still does not update the field with the text.

Please see a short video of the code.

PowerApps 

Please note I have set the variable below to blank.

therush321_0-1602755133164.png

@therush321 

I cannot follow your video as the font is too small, however, this is a very simple process.

If

• There is a Text value in a control
  • The Update of the card it is contained in is ThisControlName.Text
  • The target field in the list is a single line of text
  • You are using SubmitForm to save the form

then the value will save to the list. Is there something I am missing here?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@WarrenBelz 

That is correct. I managed to get the buttons to work now but the navigation is off when selecting a particular record.

It keeps filtering on the last viewed record instead of navigating to the selected record to approve or reject.

I have 2 records listed when I click to navigate to the second record, it takes me to the first.

Navigate(EditScreen_Approve_Invoices; ScreenTransition.None)

therush321_0-1602770524905.png

@therush321 ,

This is a separate subject to your post - is that one solved?
The issue will be the Item of your form and how it refers to what is selected in the gallery.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@WarrenBelz Thank you very much for all your help.

The first part is complete as the buttons are working correctly and I managed to resolve the issue of the navigation being on the edit screen whereby the Item property was referencing the wrong Gallery selected.

therush321_0-1602827832370.png

Thanks @therush321 ,

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,096)