cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boppersnr1
Helper II
Helper II

How do you create Buttons in Model Driven App?

@sdowse I saw in one of your posts that your model driven app has nice buttons created. How do you do that?

Boppersnr1_4-1657014492297.png

I have a MDA that I would like to have buttons instead of the subgrids to creating new entries to tables.

Example below. I have a subgrid to another form to create a site survey. I would like a button to create a new site survey instead of having the whole form added.

Boppersnr1_5-1657014673304.pngBoppersnr1_6-1657014694692.png

Any help you can give would be very much appreciated?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jaguil3ra
Resolver I
Resolver I

Your json si bad, they correct is:

{"entity":"Account","quickForm":true,"title":"Add Account","background":"#4caf50","icon":"AccountInfo", "description":"Add a new Account"}

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Boppersnr1
Helper II
Helper II

I have come across this PCF button control from @jaguil3ra that looks to be perfect for me but I am stuck getting it to work. Maybe someone here could help me out.

PowerApps-KitControls/src/ShortcutButtons at master · jaguil3ra/PowerApps-KitControls (github.com)

@jaguil3ra 

I have imported the control but not sure how to code the buttons so that they open certain forms in my Model Driven App.

I have imported the ShortCut Button control into my model driven app, and I can see where you enter in the JSON for each button but nothing is happening when I select the button. I am not sure what code I need to enter to select what form to open.

Boppersnr1_4-1657027882254.png

i.e
{"Account":"Account Name","quickForm":true,"title":"Add Account","background":"#4caf50","icon":"AccountInfo", "description":"Add a new Account"}

Where My entity is Account but how do I request that it opens the Quick Create form?

Boppersnr1_3-1657027840558.png

jaguil3ra
Resolver I
Resolver I

Your json si bad, they correct is:

{"entity":"Account","quickForm":true,"title":"Add Account","background":"#4caf50","icon":"AccountInfo", "description":"Add a new Account"}

Regards

@jaguil3ra  I understand now how the code should have been. Thanks for that.

I also needed to change the Entity from Account to account.

This now worked. Thanks a mill!!!

sdowse
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Boppersnr1 

Sorry for the late reply - I was on holiday and then came down with covid just after I got back - on the mend now though!

My buttons are created in an "embedded canvas app" - see info here: Embed a canvas app on a model-driven form - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs.

I'll have a look at the other way of doing it that you've found too!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,000)