cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
agneum
Level 8

How do you format columns in a table?

My table has a column which has numbers 0-100. It so happens that this column are percentages, so I would like the percent sign to be shown after the column. How do I achieve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How do you format columns in a table?

Hi @agneum,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Could you please show more details about the table that you mentioned? Is it a Excel table?

Further, do you want to add the percent sign (%) after the column value when you display table within an app?

I agree with @timl's thought almost, I have created a Excel table on my side, the data structure as below:10.JPG

I assume that you want to add the percent sign (%) after the Rate column value of above Excel table within your app, I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

11.JPG

Add a Data table within my app, set the Items property of the Data table control to following formula:

AddColumns(Table1,"RatePercentage",Rate&"%")

Note: The Table1 represents the Excel table data source within my app.

On your side, you should type the following formula:

AddColumns(YourTableName,"FormattedNumberColumn",NumberColumn&"%")

Then you could reference the FormattedNumberColumn column value instead of NumberColumn column value within your app.

More details about the AddColumns function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

AddColumns function

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hi @agneum

Since the data table control doesn't provide any formatting properties, one way to do this is to modify the items property of your data table with formula that looks like this:

AddColumns(YourDatasource, "NumberFieldFormatted", Text(NumberField) & "%")

You can then add the NumberFieldFormatted column to your data table to display a formatted version of your number column.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @agneum,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Could you please show more details about the table that you mentioned? Is it a Excel table?

Further, do you want to add the percent sign (%) after the column value when you display table within an app?

I agree with @timl's thought almost, I have created a Excel table on my side, the data structure as below:10.JPG

I assume that you want to add the percent sign (%) after the Rate column value of above Excel table within your app, I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

11.JPG

Add a Data table within my app, set the Items property of the Data table control to following formula:

AddColumns(Table1,"RatePercentage",Rate&"%")

Note: The Table1 represents the Excel table data source within my app.

On your side, you should type the following formula:

AddColumns(YourTableName,"FormattedNumberColumn",NumberColumn&"%")

Then you could reference the FormattedNumberColumn column value instead of NumberColumn column value within your app.

More details about the AddColumns function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

AddColumns function

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

agneum
Level 8

I simply reading from a SQL view as my source. The problem is filtering the columns.

Filter('[dbo].[vSomeViewf]', week <= 14 && Customer=VarCustomerId);

AddColumns( '[dbo].[vSomeView]' ,"DiffTest",PercentDiff&"%")

Doesn't seem to work.

However, AddColumns( Filter('[dbo].[vSomeViewf]', week <= 14 && Customer=VarCustomerId),"DiffTest",PercentDiff&"%") does..

Is this by design?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,917)