cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashwini
Frequent Visitor

How do you make a field required for Text box and Gallary?

How do you make a field required for Text box and Gallary?

5 REPLIES 5
cherie
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi,

Do you think you could explain what you are trying to do in a bit more detail?

Thanks!

Cherie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the textbox itself can be set required on the datacard level of the gallery! The attribute is simple called 'required'

I find this work fine but not if you have HintText in that text field. It considers the HintText as text and thus satisfies the input requirement.  So, how would I make it required to enter text but still use HintText?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @jcollins, can you show us how you did to make a text input required ?

Hi @Anonymous, if you simply make the Required property of the field 'true', but you also have some text in the Hint Text property, that will satisfy Requirement for text and thus always pass. Instead of using the Hint Text, I used the Tootip property which shows some text as you hover over the field with the mouse. Then the field is empty by default and thus with the Required property set to 'true', the form will make the user fill in that field before form can be submited. If you must use Hint Text, then we can add some more logic to the requirement to ensure that new text gets entered. Let me know if that's the case and i can help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,490)