cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Future_Vision
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

How do you view the data in a Record variable?

I am using a global variable that is of type Record. How can I view the information in that record? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Future_Vision 

So, I am not entirely sure if this in Teams makes any difference.

BUT, here is what it should look like:

RandyHayes_1-1617981603257.png

NOW...that shown, the table icon will NOT appear if the variable has no values in it.

Note: you can also see that contents of the variable in the formula editor by clicking on the variable. Then using the down arrow below the editor to open the variable.

RandyHayes_0-1616514374194.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Future_Vision 

What do you mean by view?

If you just want to "see" what is in it, you can look at the variable list in the designer and it will show a table icon that you can click on to see the contents.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

I'm not completely sure how you go about that. When i am looking at the variables and click the table icon I get Definitions, Uses and Indirect Uses. I'm using Powerapps for Teams BTW. Not sure if that matters.

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Future_Vision 

So, I am not entirely sure if this in Teams makes any difference.

BUT, here is what it should look like:

RandyHayes_1-1617981603257.png

NOW...that shown, the table icon will NOT appear if the variable has no values in it.

Note: you can also see that contents of the variable in the formula editor by clicking on the variable. Then using the down arrow below the editor to open the variable.

RandyHayes_0-1616514374194.png

View solution in original post

Future_Vision
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Oh. Wow. A little hidden. Never would have thought of looking at those two places. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,855)