cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillYoung-arm
Helper III
Helper III

How does MicrosoftTeams.PostChannelAdaptiveCard work in Canvas Apps?

I'm trying to work out how to use this action from a Canvas App:
I've tried everything that I can think of but always get: 

"error": {
      "code""MissingOrInvalidFlowbotActions",
      "message""The flowbot actions request from Teams connector is missing or invalid."
    }

The action is deprecated but the latest one PostCardToConversation isn't valid in Canvas Apps

SubscribeChannelFlowContinuation  and PostMessageToChannel both work but they aren't what we want and use different parameters
The documentation says:

Add the JSON card definition to create a custom post for a Teams channel. The post can contain images, graphs, text, and more.

Parameters

Name                                      Key                                  Required Type      Description
Team                                   
groupId                             Truestring     

Add team ID

Post adaptive card request
PostAdaptiveCardRequestTruedynamic

The post adaptive card request

...but in the app, it gives:
PostChannelAdaptiveCard(groupId)

...so the issue appears to be, how to add the PostAdaptiveCardRequest?

Perhaps this is just not viable in PowerApps

Does anyone have any insight on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@BillYoung-arm you could link the app in Power Apps to a flow in Power Automate and in that use the "Post your own adaptive card to a Channel" action.

2aPostAdaptiveCard.png

3-adaptiveCardNews.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@BillYoung-arm you could link the app in Power Apps to a flow in Power Automate and in that use the "Post your own adaptive card to a Channel" action.

2aPostAdaptiveCard.png

3-adaptiveCardNews.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Hi Rob,
Yes, this is my fallback
I'm trying to build an app that preview's the card prior to posting, so yes, parameterising the flow is a possible solution.
Its just that, since both SubscribeChannelFlowContinuation  and PostMessageToChannel both work, it seems odd that PostChannelAdaptiveCard  is available but doesn't seem to. If I can conclusively get an answer, I'll know where to go next
Thanks for the response and, if you're participating, have a great Christmas/Holiday period!

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BillYoung-arm ,

I agree with @RobElliott .

According to my experience , canvas does not support some connector actions , e.g. approval action.

If you want to use some specific actions in the canvas, it may just waste your precious time.

You could use flow to create an adaptive card with @RobElliott 's solution. 

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,608)