cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

How does list view threshold limit affect Power Apps application?

Hi,

If the threshold limit of list view in SharePoint Online list exceeds (that is number of items exceeds 5000), will I still be able to enter data to the list from my Power Apps application?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Re: How does list view threshold limit affect Power Apps application?

Yes you can store up to 30 Million items in list as per Microsoft documentation.
Ref: Manage Large list and Libraries 
image.png
Threshold limit means: it will show you 5000 items at a time only.
I even have a list which contains 25k+ records.
image.png

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Will I be able to export such large lists to excel?
Also, how to view the items in case threshold limit exceeds (I have used indexed columns)
I am really new to SP Online and Power Apps, sorry if the questions sounds juvenile .

Thanks for the help.

Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

I don't have much idea with importing Excel, but you can look at that article it may help you: Handle Excel data queries 
You can use filters to view data.
A very good blog on this topic.
ReferenceHow to overcome SharePoint 5000 item limit threshold 

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Soumodip ,

Do you want to export your SP List into Excel?

Do you want to use Excel as data source within your canvas app?

For exporting your SP List into Excel, the answer is YES, you can. Currently, within a Excel file, you could own 1,048,576 rows by 16,384 columns in total.

Please check the following article about the known limits in Excel:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/excel-specifications-and-limits-1672b34d-7043-467e-8e27-269...

More details about exporting data from SharePoint List to Excel, please check the following article:

https://sharepointmaven.com/export-sharepoint-excel/

If you want to use Excel table as data source in your canvas app, I think you would face Delegation issue in your canvas app. The Excel file is not a Delegable data source in canvas app, so it could only retrieve first 2000 records from your Excel table at most. In other words, if there are 5000 records in your Excel, you could only process first 2000 records in your canvas app at most.

More details about the Delegation in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/delegation-overview

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,476)