cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AlanAttwater
Level: Powered On

How long to published updates take to reach the user? Do they have to manually refresh the app?

I'd just like a bit of clarity on this as I haven't been able to find a definite answer. When I publish changes I've made to an app, will the end users see the updates automatically without asking them to refresh the app, and how long does this take? Or does the user always need to close the app, refresh, then open the app again?

I'm doing work for a large organisation, and they want to know what impact any updates have for the end users. If a user needs to take any action for updates to a PowerApp to become visible for them, it needs to go through an approval process. If the user doesn't need to take any action and app on their device is automatically updated, no approval process is needed.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How long to published updates take to reach the user? Do they have to manually refresh the app?

Hi @AlanAttwater,

App updates should be available once the new version has been published, the time when the end users would get synced depends on the Network connectivity, mostly it will take less than one minute.

For App updates Approval, there is no proper way to configure the Approval process, you may take a try to submit that as an idea under the following page:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

For Save and Publish, check:

Save and publish an app in PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How long to published updates take to reach the user? Do they have to manually refresh the app?

Hi @AlanAttwater,

App updates should be available once the new version has been published, the time when the end users would get synced depends on the Network connectivity, mostly it will take less than one minute.

For App updates Approval, there is no proper way to configure the Approval process, you may take a try to submit that as an idea under the following page:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

For Save and Publish, check:

Save and publish an app in PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,485)