cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geotrix
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

How much data volume needs Power Apps

I try to use Power Apps if I in a restaurant for example. If I use my data volume from my smartphone, how much does Power App(as an Internet Website) need?

7 REPLIES 7
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

That depends on how the app is designed to work.  In general Power Apps tries to limit the amount of data you pull across a cellular connection to no more than 500 records, but that can be expanded to 2,000.  So the amount of data would be dependent on how large the records are and how many are brought to the phone.  Manipulation of the data itself takes place on the phone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Ok, is there an opinion to look if my mobile phone have internet?

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I'm not clear on what you are asking.  Could you explain your question some more.

If I‘m right, than are 500 records 500mb. So that‘s a little too much. So I ask if there‘s an opinion that if my phone connected to the wifi everything upload. If I search on mobile data, nothing upload.

Hi @Geotrix ,

I think you're asking a data usage on a mobile phone , actually it depends on the records that you viewed. For example if you have a lot of images stored in your data so the mobile data usage would be much more. 

And If you connected to your WIFI connection you just only wait and check of the data is in the cloud you and it's hard to check if the usage is from the PowerApps/data and if the data will now show or load so it means your WIFI connection is slow.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

500 records are not necessarily 500mb.  It depends on the fields in the records and the size of the data in the fields. Whether your phone uses wifi or mobile data is dependent on settings in your phone, not settings in Power Apps.  Power Apps just sees a connection.  It doesn't know whether its wifi or mobile data.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

500 records are not necessarily 500mb.  It depends on the fields in the records and the size of the data in the fields. Whether your phone uses wifi or mobile data is dependent on settings in your phone, not settings in Power Apps.  Power Apps just sees a connection.  It doesn't know whether its wifi or mobile data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,989)