cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kjetilsmistad1
Regular Visitor

How to Catch ErrorKind.Conflict errors

Hi

Im creating a simple canvas from PowerBI with on Form and Im struggeling to catch ErrorKind.Conflict error when editing the same record in a Azure sql database.

The ErrorKind.ConstraintViolation is working as expected when the SubmitForm is triggered from a button

To test the Conflict scenario I have published the report to the PBI service and opened it twice in a browser A and B.

Is the behavior as I expect that the ErrorKind.ConstraintViolation should be triggered in browser B when browser A and B opens the same record  and A submits  the changes before B?

What happens now is that the ErrorKind.Conflict does not raise and browser B's update is the current one and the change from A is not (its in the history table since the table are system versioned)

Is there a recommended pattern for this scenario?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance 

1 REPLY 1
gj84uw
Advocate III
Advocate III

@kjetilsmistad1 did you get to the bottom of this problem?  I have exactly the same issue where I'm using a canvas app pointing to an Azure SQL table but no matter how many conflicting changes I make in different browsers I never get a conflict error and the last submission always wins.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,160)