Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LukeWilkins6
Helper I
Helper I

How to ClearCollect items with a specific value

Hi,

I am trying to clear collect from a Sharepoint list but I only want the records with the same value. 

I have 10 records, 3 of which are linked to my username, but they have different data in another column (just a single line of text).

I need to be able to pull these 3 columns and their data, and hopefully put this data into a drop down.

Is this actually possible in PowerApps as I cannot seem to find the best way to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LukeWilkins6 ,

If you would like to populate the filtered items into a Dropdown Items, you could directly Filter the list in Items of the Dropdown:

Filter(YourList, UserName = User().FullName)

In this way it will be easy for you to get any column values by using Dropdown.Selected.OtherColumns from the selected item of the Dropdown. 

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BrianS
Super User
Super User

You may be able to use the Groupby function 

It will return a table with the records that have the same value in a certain column 

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LukeWilkins6 ,

If you would like to populate the filtered items into a Dropdown Items, you could directly Filter the list in Items of the Dropdown:

Filter(YourList, UserName = User().FullName)

In this way it will be easy for you to get any column values by using Dropdown.Selected.OtherColumns from the selected item of the Dropdown. 

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,608)