cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Chandu
Level: Powered On

How to Count no.of records for Particular Column in Powerapps through Sql server

In SQL Server, I am having two tables: Project_Data(Project_ID, Customer, Project_Number) and Task_Data(Task_ID, Project_ID, Task_Number, Details, Date) where Project_ID and Task_ID are Auto_Generate ID's.

Now, In Powerapps: 

I am having ProjectListGallery(Items Property to Project_Data Table) in which I am showing Project_Number, Customer. Along with these two Fields I need to show Count of Tasks for Particular Project.

As Task_ID is not there in Project_Data Table, How should I get Count of Tasks for Particular Project from Task_Data Table.

project.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: How to Count no.of records for Particular Column in Powerapps through Sql server

Hey @Chandu, assuming I am understanding your requirements correctly, I think what you want to do is count the number of Project_ID's are in the Task_Data list for each row in your gallery. 

Try this:

CountIf(
    '[dbo].[TASK_DATA]',
    PROJECT_ID = ThisItem.PROJECT_ID
)

You could also apply a filter for date range or something like that. I'd be happy to suggest some ways to do that if needed.

If that solves things or doesn't, feel free to let me know! I'd be happy to follow up. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: How to Count no.of records for Particular Column in Powerapps through Sql server

Hey @Chandu, assuming I am understanding your requirements correctly, I think what you want to do is count the number of Project_ID's are in the Task_Data list for each row in your gallery. 

Try this:

CountIf(
    '[dbo].[TASK_DATA]',
    PROJECT_ID = ThisItem.PROJECT_ID
)

You could also apply a filter for date range or something like that. I'd be happy to suggest some ways to do that if needed.

If that solves things or doesn't, feel free to let me know! I'd be happy to follow up. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,119)