cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mrfunk
Helper III
Helper III

How to Edit my Flow so that it Doesn't Add New Item in SharePoint List

Hello! I have an interesting question and am hoping that someone might be able to help me! I am working on creating a Form in PowerApps that includes a Pen Input/Signature. I have successfully been able to use Flow to save that image to a SharePoint Library. I need the images to somehow be linked to my SharePoint List (where all of the other form data is kept), so that I can re-display those signatures in a display form within the app. I was also able to successfully build a Flow where it places a url to the image in my SharePoint List. The only issue is that when it adds the link, it creates it's own new/separate record from the rest of the information collected with the rest of the form. Is there a way that I can build a Flow that will grab the image created in my SharePoint Library and then add the URL to the SharePoint List  in the column for the record just filled out? I will attach some photos below to show what I mean in my SharePoint List, as well as a photo of what I have built out in Flow. I tried to do things like "Update Item", etc. in Flow, but nothing has worked for me quite yet. It's probably something super obvious or easy, but I just haven't figured it out quite yet. Thank you so much for any and all help! It's much appreciated!!

Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 3.44.06 PM.jpg

This is an example of the SharePoint List Records. All of the other information collected from the Form is in ID number 89, but it adds the link to ID number 90. Is there a way to get Flow to add it to 89 instead?

Here's my Flow so far:

Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 3.45.33 PM.jpg

Thank you!!!!!

2 REPLIES 2
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

An Update Item flow block is the one you want to use to add info to an existing record in a Sharepoint list.

This forum deals more directly with using Power Apps to do these sorts of things, so you may find more relevant info on the related Power Automate forum.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi @BCLS776, thank you for trying to help me! Unfortunately, I've tried to use Update, but haven't been able to make it work successfully. I'll plan to post on the PowerAutomate forum instead. Thank you!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,808)