cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
issac_franklin
Helper I
Helper I

How to Fetch data from Sharepoint List and display only the data of respective user

Dears,

I am a complete beginner to PowerApps and trying to build an simple application (Hopefully) which will perform the below task.

1. Application should be read-only where once Users open the application they should be able to see only the assets assigned to them in Sharepoint lists. Users should not see any other assets and do not have write permission.

About our setup : 

We maintain the Asset Manager which was available in Sharepoint List by default and the field 'Current Owner' is 'Person or Group' and Asset state has default ones as 'In Use', Users should be able to see only the 'In Use' state and which is assigned to them once the application is loaded.

If there is no assets, It should display the message as 'No Assets Assigned to you'.

Thanks in advance, Looking forward to hear from you 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

You can do this with a basic control called the Data table - here are the basic steps:

1. Connect your app to the Sharepoint List data - I'll refer to it as mySPList in my example
  2. Add a Data Table to a screen
  3. Select the Data table and put something like this in the Items property: Filter(mySPList, 'Current Owner'.Mail = User().Email, 'Asset State' = "In Use")
  4. Select the data table control so you can see the context menu on the right hand side. Select Fields and add several columns to show to your user
  5. Edit the "No data text" property of the data table to show your desired message

Hope that helps,

Bryan

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

You can do this with a basic control called the Data table - here are the basic steps:

1. Connect your app to the Sharepoint List data - I'll refer to it as mySPList in my example
  2. Add a Data Table to a screen
  3. Select the Data table and put something like this in the Items property: Filter(mySPList, 'Current Owner'.Mail = User().Email, 'Asset State' = "In Use")
  4. Select the data table control so you can see the context menu on the right hand side. Select Fields and add several columns to show to your user
  5. Edit the "No data text" property of the data table to show your desired message

Hope that helps,

Bryan

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.
issac_franklin
Helper I
Helper I

Hello Bryan,

Thank you for your reply and the solution,

It indeed worked as expected, Thanks again...!

Best Regards
Issac

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,232)