cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slimeman

How to Filter Form from gallery selection

Howdy

I am trying to make an inspection type app, there is a Gallery that displays all the stores that are covered by myself. When I click onto the store it then will show me the inspections carried out on the store (working) However when I then go to edit these it will take me to a form that will just display the first value within the data source of the excel table. What I need is that it will select the correct form for the right inspection

So if I carry out an inspection one Site A once on 26th May and Once on the 27th May with the first visit being a fail and the second being a pass

I need to be able to get to that specific data and be able to edit it 

I've tried a number of filter options that don't seem to work, not only that a lot of the time when I use the filter command it seems to remove the data source for the sheet. 

Anyone have any ideas on how I could do this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Assuming your form Name is Form1 and your Gallery is Gallery1, do the following:

On the ITEM property of the form1, put: Gallery1.Selected

Thus what you select in the Gallery will reflect on the From1 for Edit on your EditForm

I Assume both the GALLERY1 AND FORM1 are on the same screen

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Assuming your form Name is Form1 and your Gallery is Gallery1, do the following:

On the ITEM property of the form1, put: Gallery1.Selected

Thus what you select in the Gallery will reflect on the From1 for Edit on your EditForm

I Assume both the GALLERY1 AND FORM1 are on the same screen

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Slimeman ,

I think you need to post more codes and screenshots to show us how the app has been implemented so far.

It sounds like your issue is that the form doesn't display the right record you selected from gallery, and it always shows the first record, right?

If yes, you should check the Items property of Form, as @eka24 mentioned, set the Items property to GalleryName.Selected.

If this doesn't make sense, please share more information about your issue.

Sik

Brilliant, this worked, 

The issue i ran into where it didn't like the source was also fixed by using the advanced tab and changing the "Item" section and making sure the "Data source" section remained the same rather than using the formula bar on the top. I've attached a picture and highlighted to help

Thank you very much, Still so new to this something like this stumped me for some time!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (45,259)