cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tChmiel
Frequent Visitor

How to Filter Large Excel Data to work within Powerapps limit of 500 rows

I have a pretty large spreadsheet (18000 rows) that get updated once a month.

It has only 4 columns:  Product, Region, SubRegion, SalesPerson.

Product is a fixed list.  (<100)

Region is a fixed list (<25)

SubRegion is dependent on Region.  (<100 for a given region)

Subregions could be states based on Region "US", or subregions could be countries based on Region "Europe".

Subregions will be fixed for each region.

SalesPerson is just a user who could be a lookup to a Office 365 user.

SalesPerson column is the column that could change per month, rest of the Excel data is constant.

Given this setup, can I create a PowerApp which can filter this list by Product and Region, and only display SubRegions and the corresponding SalesPerson? This is a readonly app.  Assuming I can filter on two columns at once( product = "x" and Region = "y"), I can always guarantee that the result will return <100 rows.

I can not import the data to Azure, nor can I import to a SQL database, nor access the original source.  Really trying to make this a tool to be managed by an InfoWorker. 

Any ideas on how to achieve this within Powerapps?  Is it possible to filter a large Excel file down to a managable set of data?

I am really trying to show the power of multiple platform (android, ios, Windows) apps - but frustrated with this 500 row limit.

Tom 

1 REPLY 1
hpkeong
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi

There is a work around solution provided by @Mr.dang.

Please search for his detail explanation on how to achieve this.

Hope this helps
hpkeong

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,902)