cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

How to Filter a Table

I want to filter the items shown in this list to match the customer number selected.  How do I filter this option?

fitlerlist.jpg

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

can you help me understand a little more?  This is my interpretation of putting this in the Items property of the DataTable, and obviously get multiple errors

MaryT0905_0-1599694905490.png

Highlighted

@MaryT0905 
Instead of using DataTable1 in the 1st argument of FILTER use the name of your SharePoint list.

Filter(your_sharepoint_list, CustomerName=CustomerName.Text)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted

Ya'll are so patient and helpful, and I truly appreciate that! Clearly I'm not great at this!  I'm confused because @mdevaney  and @TJO  seem to be giving me different advice.  In regards to the SP list, how do I get the system to reference that? ALso, I'm wondering what the thought process is behind that? The gallery datasource is from AgedRecievables Business Central connector, and the Input text box is pushing notes in Sharepoint, but the datasource for the table is from Sales Invoices Business central connector.  This scenario is to show not only what the open balance is per customer, but also the invoice that make that balance up for the customer.  That is why I want the table to filter to only the customer that is shown in the detail form. 

Highlighted

@MaryT0905 Could you share the initial formula for the items property of DataTable1, that is from a point where the table was populated

Highlighted

so the initial formula was just "salesinvoices" for items property, then I tried Filter(SalesInvoices, CustomerName=Name.Text)

Found this error message today though

MaryT0905_0-1599778601105.png

Then I came across this post, saying you can't do it.  Now I need to start another thread, because I don't know how to get the filtered collection to appear in the table.  I love powerapps *says while gritting teeth*

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Error-on-filtering-Business-Central-s-data-i...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,541)