cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

How to Filter items for a comboBox... twice

I have an app that has a dropdown that shows Enterprise Capability choices.
Once a user selects from that dropdown a 2nd field shows up where they can select a Qualification/Training document.

This formula works in the 2nd dropdown to show all documents for the Enterprise Capability they selected(EnterpriseCap):

SortByColumns( Filter( 'Qualification & Training Processes', 'Enterprise Capability Title'.Value = EnterpriseCap.Selected.Value).'Qualification/Training Title', "Title", Ascending)

But that shows all documents..

I'd like to add a secondary filter to that formula that would only show items where the Field "ApproveStatus" equals Approved.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: How to Filter items for a comboBox... twice

@shanemeisner 

You might want to consider the following formula:

SortByColumns( 
    Filter('Qualification & Training Processes', 
        'Enterprise Capability Title'.Value = EnterpriseCap.Selected.Value &&
        ApproveStatus = "Approved"
    ), 
    "Title", 
    Ascending
)

Not sure what you were getting with the extra property on your filter (.'Qualification/Training Title') but I omitted it in the above formula.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@shanemeisner 

You might want to consider the following formula:

SortByColumns( 
    Filter('Qualification & Training Processes', 
        'Enterprise Capability Title'.Value = EnterpriseCap.Selected.Value &&
        ApproveStatus = "Approved"
    ), 
    "Title", 
    Ascending
)

Not sure what you were getting with the extra property on your filter (.'Qualification/Training Title') but I omitted it in the above formula.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Thanks @RandyHayes !!

only change I needed to make was add  .Value to ApproveStatus and it worked perfectly!!!

SortByColumns( Filter('Qualification & Training Processes', 'Enterprise Capability Title'.Value = EnterpriseCap.Selected.Value && ApproveStatus.Value = "Approved"), "Title", Ascending)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,578)