cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nduati
Frequent Visitor

How to Launch an External Link using MenuComponent navigation

Hello people,

How can i have one of the menuitems  launch an external URL link, rather than the normal App.ActiveScreen in my menu component. The below approach throws an error not unless i stick to App.Activescreen

Table(
  {
    MenuLabel: "Home",
    MenuIcon: Icon.Home,
    MenuScreenNavigate: App.ActiveScreen,
    MenuID: 1
  },
   {
    MenuLabel: "Document",
    MenuIcon: Icon.Document,
    MenuScreenNavigate: App.ActiveScreen,
    MenuID: 2
  }, {
    MenuLabel: "Reports",
    MenuIcon: Icon.Trending,
    MenuScreenNavigate: Launch("www.someurl.com"),
    MenuID: 3
  }
 )

My OnSelect property on the Click button and MenuIcons is set to Navigate(ThisItem.MenuScreenNavigate, ScreenTransition.Cover) which only works for App.ActiveScreen. Kindly help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@nduati 

You are mismatching datatypes.

Your MenuScreenNavigate is implied to be an App screen object.  Then later you try to set it to a Launch object (which is no datatype).

Either add a new column to your table records called something like LaunchTo: and set it to the url you want, or reconsider what you are doing with MenuScreenNavigate as you seem to have them just going to the active screen.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@nduati 

You are mismatching datatypes.

Your MenuScreenNavigate is implied to be an App screen object.  Then later you try to set it to a Launch object (which is no datatype).

Either add a new column to your table records called something like LaunchTo: and set it to the url you want, or reconsider what you are doing with MenuScreenNavigate as you seem to have them just going to the active screen.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,324)