Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a-mccormack
Microsoft
Microsoft

How to Load Blank Gallery

Hi All,

When the screen loads the gallery should be blank so users can write data back to the right items. And when they hit the cancel button it should clear the entries. It used to work but now it loads with all data from the data source. Does anyone know how to get it back to where it it's blank values? And how to correctly reset the gallery?

I'm using this to clear the gallery: Reset([@eventDatesGallery_2])

Image of what I'm talking about.

amccormack_0-1657293302401.png

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@a-mccormack 

If it has records showing, then whatever provides the records to the Items property has changed.  Either directly there, or elsewhere in your app.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@a-mccormack 

What is shown in the Gallery is completely dependent on the Items property of the Gallery.  If you have a table of records, then the Gallery will show it.

The only thing that Reset will do is reset it back to the defaults (which really doesn't do much on a Gallery).

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

Thanks for the reply. 

What I don't get is that I used to use it to enter in dates. Just not sure what changed.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@a-mccormack 

If it has records showing, then whatever provides the records to the Items property has changed.  Either directly there, or elsewhere in your app.

a-mccormack
Microsoft
Microsoft

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I think I have it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,163)