Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LukeWilkins6
Helper I
Helper I

How to LookUp using an ID shared between 2 Sharepoint lists

Hey guys,

I have set up a flow for my list which;  when a new record is created, the ID of this record is stored in another list under its own custom 'ID' column e.g. ID number given to the newly created record is 3 and immediately in the secondary list a new record is made with the ID set to 3 as well.

I have a gallery whose items are set for the first list and when you click on this it displays the information from the first list AND the secondary list. I have created an edit button which will allow the fields in the secondary list to be modified and updated. However I am trying to pull the correct record using the ID's so that they match and the data does too.

I have tried looking around using the LookUp function but I am not sure how exactly I can match the ID's from both lists.

Sorry if my explanation isn't the best, this is the best way I can describe my issue.

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @LukeWilkins6 ,

Firstly I am wondering how you set the second ID as SharePoint auto-generates these, however I assume you are referring to a separate numeric field in the second list that you are setting to the ID of the first. I will refer to it as IDRef below.

As this is (I assume) as one-to-one relationship to find the matching record in the second list from a gallery containing the first list, use the following in the Item of the form

Lookup(
   List2,
   IDRef=ThisItem.ID
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @LukeWilkins6 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,567)