Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerO365Guy
Helper II
Helper II

How to Modify a Data source into custom column gallery

Hi Community,

I have a requirement. I am trying to figure out using groupby , addcolumns but unable to achieve what i need.

I have a table like below with user and candy. I want to create a new gallery where the users information is stored along with the no of candy allowed. (So if for example Antony occurs more than 3 times , then the Maximum column should be 3, if its less than 3 , then no issue)

Datasource/Table

PowerO365Guy_0-1618957331674.png

Expected table into a Gallery

PowerO365Guy_1-1618957479925.png

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@PowerO365Guy 

Set the Items property of your Gallery to:

AddColumns(GroupBy(yourDataSource, "User", "_recs"), "_maximum", CountRows(_recs))

Set a label in the Gallery to ThisItem.User  and another to ThisItem._maximum

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

@RandyHayes,

Thanks for helping.

Actually using that query gives me the sum however what i am looking for is a if condition. if the users (e.g Antony) has the candy count of more than 3 times then the Table/Gallery should have Antony in Users and 3 in Maximum. 

if the count is less than 3, then we leave the count as it is.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@PowerO365Guy 

I'm not exactly understanding that logic.  If the candy count is a count of the records for that user, are you saying if it is more than 3 that it should just show 3, and if less than 3, should be the count?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,884)