cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3csman
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

How to Open Image in Another Tab or Window

I have a gallery that populates certs and quals data as well as a image (.jpg) control of the specific cert or qual.

A request was made to be able to open the cert or qual document in another tab of window when clicking on the Image or button in the Gallery. The data is coming from CertQualCollection and the image is coming from CQImageCollection.

Image property = 

First(Filter(CQImageCollection,Name=ThisItem.CQYr&" "&ThisItem.Title&" "&ThisItem.CQTitle&" "&ThisItem.FrstNm&" "&ThisItem.LstNm&" "&ThisItem.AcrdtnAgncy)).'{Link}' & First(Filter(CQImageCollection,Name=ThisItem.CQYr&" "&ThisItem.Title&" "&ThisItem.CQTitle&" "&ThisItem.FrstNm&" "&ThisItem.LstNm)).'{Link}'

Is it possible to set the Image control 'OnSelect' property or the Button 'OnSelect' so that it opens the image displayed in the Gallery in another tab or window?

3csman_0-1610131689526.png

15 REPLIES 15
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@3csman 

All you needed was to put an image control into your other screen (Insert->Media->Image) and set the image properties as provided.  Images certainly don't need galleries to work!

As for printing...the best you could do is open the image in a browser and from there download or print.  To do so (since you are using the link to the image for the image) you can set the OnSelect action of the image to : Launch(Self.Image)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

3csman
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Never mind. Got it. Yes it works.

BTW, the download is working (apparently). I say apparently because I've not been able to find the downloads. Where do the downloads go?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@3csman 

Of course not!!!  Because I had a slight typo in the formula I provided 😂

Give this a shot:

With({ThisItem: EditCQDetailsGallery.Selected},
    LookUp(CQImageCollection,
        Name=ThisItem.CQYr & " " & ThisItem.Title & " " & ThisItem.CQTitle & " " & ThisItem.FrstNm & " " & ThisItem.LstNm & " " & ThisItem.AcrdtnAgncy, '{Link}')
)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

3csman
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Ha, that dog won't hunt, either. 🤣

The condition is for the box on the left. A copy of the image control from the Gallery on the other screen. No image appears.

The box on the left if the copied Gallery and Image control. You can see the image is present.

3csman_0-1610141773683.png

3csman
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

How do I use the download Icon to download the image, rather than using the image and Launch(Self.Image)?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@3csman 

So, I am not sure if you are keeping the image in the gallery, but if you are, then you can simply have the image control on the other screen and set the Image property to :

EditCQDetailsGallery.Selected.yourImageControlName.Image

As for the download icon, just set the OnSelect of that to : Launch(yourImageName.Image)

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,542)