cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Route and Approve Specific Form

I've built a new member form with a 'Submit' button and a 'Approve' button.

When the form is submitted the data Patch sends the new member info to the 'NewMemberApprovalList'. 

I have also created a condition on submit that sends an email to the approving official notifying them a review and action is required.

How do I add to that email a "deep link" that when clicked will open to this specific request for the reviewer to approve, and no just open the site to the main page? 

3csman_0-1612649467166.png

3 REPLIES 3
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

This is the best resource I have found for this.

https://youtu.be/A5Pi5P2YKds

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep.

I've watched the Shane video, and the WonderLaura video, a couple times. Their builds are so specific that there a few steps that don't apply on my end and that's where I get lost. I got about 2/3 of the way through Laura's and then it fell apart with the parent/child ID references, as I don't have a parent to reference; though I do have a UnqID to reference on the Submit list. If I can figure out how to recall it based on that column (ID, auto-generated at item creation by SP) that would probably do it.

Or, maybe write it/save it to a collection; it would be the only doc in there to reference?

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

I found this for you.  This will show you how to get your ID of the newly created item and then you can use it in your deep link.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/How-to-get-list-item-id-in-submit-form/m-p/5...

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,180)