cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Save the farm in Database

Hi ,

I have farm with 6 records, 2 records are Text fields coming from "A" database, and 1 record is coming from "B" Databasethis is "ComboBox" , and 3 records are coming from "c" Database this is "ComboBox". I have to save this all fields in first database .i.e "A" database . 

How to save this all fields in one database by using Button ,did I need to write Patch function,

Can any one help on this.

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

Thank for your Help It got resloved

Ok @Anonymous ,

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. 

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm very glad that you've solved your problem!

Do you have any other problems?

If not, could you change your issue status to "Answered"?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

I Have one more issue Now I can save the form in DataBase but how to update the records in DataBase 

which formula I need to work 

currently I am using this but not working :-

Patch('[MadCap_DWH].[USER_ACCESS_INFO]',Defaults('[MadCap_DWH].[USER_ACCESS_INFO]'),UpdateContext({userAccessID:Gallery1.Selected.userAccessID,email:DataCardValue5_1.Text,isActive:DataCardValue10_1.Text}))

Hi @Anonymous ,

Why are you using UpdateContext ? That is for setting a Variable - the code below will patch a new record providing all the field types line up with the data types of the controls referenced.

Patch(
   '[MadCap_DWH].[USER_ACCESS_INFO]',
   Defaults('[MadCap_DWH].[USER_ACCESS_INFO]'),
   {  
      userAccessID:Gallery1.Selected.userAccessID,
      email:DataCardValue5_1.Text,
      isActive:DataCardValue10_1.Text
   }
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

No I just what to update the records which I already have in the database. with patch function

Ok @Anonymous ,

You need to identify which records to update - where I have DatabaseField = WhateverYouAreUpdating you have to identify the record - such as ID = Gallery1.Selected.ID

Patch(
   '[MadCap_DWH].[USER_ACCESS_INFO]',
   DatabaseField = WhateverYouAre Updating
   {  
      userAccessID:Gallery1.Selected.userAccessID,
      email:DataCardValue5_1.Text,
      isActive:DataCardValue10_1.Text
   }
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,230)